Since March, I have made a commitment to juice and eat more fruits and vegetables. My body was sick and I had no energy. I visited the website rebootwithjoe.com and started to “reboot” my system. I lost weight, my headaches disappeared and I’ve had more energy than I have had in years! As I prepared my body for juice fasting, I incorporated more plant-based meals into my diet. This zucchini pasta immediately became one of my favorites! My friend Christina asked for the recipe and this was her response….
That was amazing!!! Pretty sure it’s going to be a once a week meal. I could’ve eaten the whole pan and it was really good with chicken.”
- First, spiralize the zucchini into noodles and set aside.
2. Sauté onions and garlic in olive oil. Add fresh basil, oregano, mushrooms, chopped red pepper and spinach.
3. Add cherry tomatoes cut in half (optional) and spiralized zucchini noodles.
4. Optional–Add feta, goat (or your favorite crumbly cheese 🙂
5. Add parmesan cheese (freshly grated is best 🙂
Here’s the recipe again:
Ingredients: 1-2 zucchini (spiralized or shredded), 1/2 cup chopped onion, 2 cloves of garlic (minced), 1/2 cup red bell pepper, 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes (halved), handful of mushrooms, 1 1/2 to 2 t. each of fresh basil and oregano (chopped…you can also use italian seasoning but wow–the fresh basil and oregano is so fragrant and tasty!), 1-2 handfuls of spinach, salt and pepper to taste
- Spiralize or grate zucchini into “noodles”.
- Sauté onions and garlic in olive oil. Add fresh basil, oregano, mushrooms, chopped red pepper and spinach.
- Add cherry tomatoes cut in half (optional) and zucchini noodles. (Cook zucchini noodles until they are desired consistency. I prefer mine a little firm so I only sauté them for a few minutes but you may want them to be softer.)
- Add feta or goat cheese (optional)
- Add freshly grated parmesan cheese.